Visceral fat

Urgh! Just been looking this up having noticed this morning that my reading for visceral fat had gone from 8 to 7 for the first time. What does this mean? Hopefully good news if it stays at 7. The scales measure between 0 to 29. Between 1 and 12 is a healthy level of visceral fat. Anything higher is excessive. I wonder if there is any more data I can use to compare, surely the less I have the better?

Lets take a look at some of my other recent data (not got todays so we'll use the data I had on Monday):

Body Fat % : 20

According to the tables, for a 40-49 yo male my optimal body fat % range is 17-23. This was 23 at beginning of September. Definate improvement there.

Body water: 58.6

For my body fat reading of 20% I should be in the 63% to 57%. So that is okay too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resting before race tomorrow - 82.5kg

Hill training - 81.4kg

BBC article on dieting