Last nights run (85kg)

I did my standard 4.2 mile run last night, focusing on my technique. I concluded that I'm already placing my foot nearly where it should be but my technique needs some work, especially keeping my head up and body straight.

Last night I tried running with higher cadence and ensuring my foot was under my body, and therefore my heel was hardly touching the ground. It was difficult to keep up as I got tired, and by the end of the run my calves were more sore than usual. However, my time was not too far off normal  even though I felt like I was running very slowly.

today my knee is certainly no worse than yesterday, so I think it is worth pursuing this line a little further. I doubt I'll be able to run like that for 13 miles on Sunday , but I'll try it in parts.

Weather for Sunday over Buxton way looks grim. Heavy rain and moderate visibility. Not good for running in the fells.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resting before race tomorrow - 82.5kg

Hill training - 81.4kg

BBC article on dieting