This weekends Fell race

This weekend I'll be running the hardest race I've ever done. I did it last year and got a time of 2:36:55 according to the official results http://www.goytvalleystriders.org.uk/fellraces/results/WindgatherResults2010.htm

It is a 13.5 mile race with 2500ft of climb, which makes it much more challenging than a typical half marathon.

Last year I developed a nasty blister by mile 8, due to getting soggy feet early on. I remember it was painful to run up Shining Tor on it. This year I intend to try to avoid that, hopefully my new shoes and socks will help me avoid blisters. I just need to make sure they a re well broken in by then.

My target time is 2:30, which is pretty optimistic I know, but I'm hoping that I can do better this year by avoiding blisters. Dave and Matt got in at 2:15 and 2:19 last year. To do this I'll need to maintain an average pace of 11.11 minute miles.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resting before race tomorrow - 82.5kg

Hill training - 81.4kg

BBC article on dieting