Running with music - 83.2kg

Last night I went out running with my iphone plugged in. I have just bought a Griffin arm band for it so I thought I'd give it a go.

First impresion is a bit mixed, although I quite like listening to music while running I definately feel disconnected to the running experience. I can't hear my foot falls so I'm not monitoring my foot position, I can't hear my breathing either. I was alot more wary on the sections where I'm near to roads.

I chose Kate Bush Never for Ever to listen to, perhaps because there aren't enough beats I did not run as fast or hard as I would normally do. Perhaps I'll try something with more beats next time.

I ran the Kerridge Ridge run in 50 minutes, my heart spent alot of time at the low end of zone 4 so obviously I was pretty chilled.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resting before race tomorrow - 82.5kg

Hill training - 81.4kg

BBC article on dieting