Recent activities - 81.7kg

I've been running to identify street hills I can use last night, as I'm finding running up Kerridge Ridge in the dark too challenging at night to do regularly. Too easy to trip and just not fun not being able to be sure footed.

Best local lit hills with a pavement are up High Street and Cocksheadhey Road. To top of Grimshaw Lane is also quite high. Lowest point is Lowerhouse on Albert Road but this is a bit out of the way. So tonight I'll try a circuit that goes up Grimshaw Lane, down Hurst Lane along main road to Shrigley Road, up Cocksheadhey road and back down, back to High street and up High street to top of Grimshaw Lane. If I can do that in under half an hour I'll do again and instead go up Lord Street instead of High Street.

Weight today is great, lowest I've recorded recently and officially now 23.4 BMI. So I've achieved my original weight goal in 2 months, losing over 8kg in the process. I'm feeling alot fitter and stronger, and the hill training is really helping I believe as I'm able to keep going to the top of hills now.

So far this month I've done 1283m of ascent over 33.61 miles. With an average speed of 5.8 mph I feel that this is a good performance for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resting before race tomorrow - 82.5kg

Hill training - 81.4kg

BBC article on dieting