Ideas for December challenge

I have found that the challenges I've been setting myself have been, in some cases, good motivators. I worry that I'm only motivated to do those things I'd have done anyway, but at least it gives me a focus for my activities.

I've been thinking what I could do in December, and given that my 5000m ascent was tough it will not be vertical ascent based this time.

Some ideas for running:

  • To increase my average mph whilst maintaining the level of hill running
  • More speed runs, or a focus on Fartlek type running, but while on the hills
  • Run 20 miles on the flat

Other ideas:

  • 1000 pressups in December

Food and drink:

  • Still struggling to make good progress with this. My food and drink is slipping so maybe need a more focused approach as things are not working out well in this regard.

I also need to take into account that it is December, traditionally time for getting ill, eating and drinking lots. I'm away in Gran Canaria too so need to plan this in.

There are some bigger runs I have planned:

10 December - Bollington to Shining Tor
18 December - Macc Harriers handicap race

Looks like the Edale Skyline race at end of March is up for discussion with Dave and Matt. This should, perhaps, form part of my traning for December?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resting before race tomorrow - 82.5kg

Hill training - 81.4kg

BBC article on dieting