Walking to work

One of the objectives I set myself two weeks ago was to walk to work. It is only a 0.7 mile walk but goes up and down a steep couple of hills.

Today was the first day when I've walked in while it was raining. I decided to measure my peak heart rate, which got to abuot 145bpm at the top of Grimshaw Lane, from a heart rate of around 80bpm when I left the house. I'll post up the data later if I remember.

So, I've currently got my heart rate monitor on, while I'm sat typing this my heart rate is 67bpm, which I think is pretty reasonable for a resting rate. I'll do some reasearch on this.

Yesterday I thought I was blowing my diet a bit, nothing spectacular, but the Liveseys sandwich is big, and then I had a couple of slices of the homemade aubergine and wlanut cake that Sharon brought back from Cornwall. So I was pleased to see this morning that my weight was still 87.1kg, same as yesterday. As I only did one hour of karate last night I would not expect much of a change.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resting before race tomorrow - 82.5kg

Hill training - 81.4kg

BBC article on dieting