Bioelectric impedence tests

I did a bit of research on bioelectric impedence tests, which is the method my scales use. I found this resources useful (again) http://www.topendsports.com/testing/tests/BI.htm

I read that dehydration can affect the results so I shall do an experiment. I normally weigh myself first thing in the morning before I've had my breakfast (and I'm probably dehydrated - well I'm thirsty anyway).

So I shall do the following experiment to determine the validity of the data I'm gathering:

1. Weigh myself and record the bioelectric impedence results
2. Drink 1 litre of water
3. Wait 10 minutes
4. Weigh myself again and compare those results. I should ke 500g heavier and if I'm dehydrated I should see a change in the bioelectric impedence results?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resting before race tomorrow - 82.5kg

Hill training - 81.4kg

BBC article on dieting