New best time (this year) for my standard 4.2 mile run

Very pleased with my performance on tonights run. I did it in 35:58, which is about 25 seconds quicker than my previous best last Monday. Also, looking at my heart rate data, I seem to be improving as my heart was in zone 5 far less. compare these three charts which are all the same run:

Two weeks ago - took 41:03 and I was in zone 5 for 83.9%.

One week ago - took 36:27 and I was in zone 5 for 93%
Tonight - took 35:58 and I was in zone 5 for 35%.

I looked back over all my data for this run, and found only one run where I was faster, I had to go back to March 2009:

I was clearly alot fitter then, as this took only 35:48 and I spent 11.3% od the run in zone 5. So, something to aim for in a few weeks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resting before race tomorrow - 82.5kg

Hill training - 81.4kg

BBC article on dieting