Two week summary - 85.2kg - Fast Day

I've spent the last two weeks doing quite an intense training and diet regime. I crashed this weekend though. I had already come to the conclusion late last week that I could not keep up the intensity of running as I was starting to get sore and tired, particularly on the knees.

I missed a run on Friday, then on Saturday it was hot and I tried to run my normal Kerridge Ridge run and failed. I gaev up half way round as my feet and knees were hurting. I suspect this is due to the hard ground and my Mudclaws were the wrong kind of shoe. Yesterday I went to Cosford airshow and missed another run.

Also my diet this weekend took a tumble. On Saturday I had three Hobgoblin tins with lunch, and yesterday at airshow had three Carlsberg lagers. So in total over the last 2 weeks I had 6 beers. Weekend also saw several chocolate bars, donuts and bacon butties.

Chart below shows the impact:



Generally there has been a good downward progression. Red bars show the weight the day after a fast day, purple bards show weight increases.

If I stick to the fast days this week I hope to recover back to where I was on Friday quite quickly. I'll spend time running this week, I may try to do a longer run mid-week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resting before race tomorrow - 82.5kg

Hill training - 81.4kg

BBC article on dieting