Living healthily - 82.8kg

It is interesting to come back here after 10 months since my last post and see what I wrote last time.

All of that still holds true. My physical health is very good, and I feel that my mental health is also mainly held in check.

A few physical aspects first:

1. My weight is currently good, very good. I'm keeping trim these days with a combination of running, eating well and some strength training;
2. My weight had crept up over time to over 85Kg, so back in February I decided to do something about it, with GC coming up it was time to get back into good shape;
3. I started doing pressups - 100 or more day. I started on 15 February and been doing them pretty consistently now for 6 weeks. I can do 100 no problem over 4-5 sittings. For example today I did 6 sets of 25. Not bad at all. It is now visible in my physique;
4. Running is still a regular practice, although I do it more slowly as I'm running with L, I still get out and do 5 miles two or three times a week;
5. Currently on a no sugar diet. This has meant cutting out chocolate, cakes, biscuits and sugar from my drinks. It seems to be working wonders for me. I'm only a few weeks into it, but I can see the benefits.

My mental health is generally good. I am not overly anxious, and I'm spending time occasionally mediating, thinking about improvmenets, and generally not concerned any more with my relationships. They are good, working well, and people are generslly happy.

I will write about something that happened over the weekend though, as this has sparked a desire for some further changes to my mental well beings. It was a big argument with my daughter that ultimately resulted in me losing control and shouting some truely horrible things. This is something I will now work on, controlling my temper that is.

I have identified a few tactics I shall use in future. When I notice the temper rising I will need to walk away, and perhaps switch to an electronic means of communicating. I need to not get drawn into fights which result in me losing my temper, because it just isnt worth it. Whatever I'm cross with probably isn't worth the trouble of me losing my temper, so I should just save myself that hardship.

Either walk away from whatever it is that is causing trouble, or fix it myself.

I'm also reading a book by Dale Carnegie called How to worry less and start living. It is written last century by a very old man, but has some nice thoughts in it, none of which are a surprise, but I shall try to implement them.

Here is one:

1. Imagine the worst that can happen, be honest about it;
2. Accept this as a possible reality. Stops worrying about what if and just accept it as a possible reality;
3. Now start to do things to improve on that worst case scenario.

Here is another:

Just live in today, this moment, and worry less about the uncertain future. Solve the problems you are faced with now, and only those. Don't worry about the past as that is done and gone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resting before race tomorrow - 82.5kg

Hill training - 81.4kg

BBC article on dieting