Weight increases after exercise - 87.7kg

It is one month since I started to actively lose weight now. I have lost 4.6kg in that month. Here is the data:



An interesting thing I have noticed, something which puzzled me over this weeked, was how my weight was increasing even though I was doing some quite intense running.

On Friday I ran a very fast 4.2 miles and then on Saturday I ran Shining Tor for the first time in a year. I was surprised and perplexed to find my weight increasing during this period.

Yesterday I got to the point of not being able to run due to muscle soreness, which is though overuse. I have run pretty much every day in April.

So this morning I was surprised to find my weight had dropped again quite considerably, from 88.9kg on Sunday to 87.7kg today.

So the Web research I've done so far indicates that this is due to water retention around my muscles as they repair themselves, which then disperses during the course of the following days.

I have yet to find a 'scientific' report on this, just anecdotal evidence, I'll keep looking.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resting before race tomorrow - 82.5kg

Hill training - 81.4kg

BBC article on dieting